- FITS ALL 2016+ 1.5T HONDA CIVIC MODELS INCLUDING SI, NON-SI, 6MT, CVT, RHD, INTERNATIONAL MODELS, ETC
- REMOVAL OF LOWER FACTORY INTAKE AIR BOX DAMPER IS RECOMMENDED FOR OPTIMAL FITMENT
- FITS FACTORY CHARGE PIPING OR PAIR WITH OUR CHARGE PIPE UPGRADE KIT FOR OPTIMAL PERFORMANCE
- PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL IF PAIRING WTH V1 CHARGE PIPING
Please Read Before Ordering:
- DOES NOT REQUIRE TUNE
- THERE ARE (2) TOTAL O-RINGS IN THE FACTORY CHARGE PIPE SYSTEM. O-RINGS MAY BE SUBJECT TO REPLACEMENT IF TORN, DRY-ROTTED, DISFORMED OR HIGH MILEAGE
It’s no secret that Honda’s 1.5L turbo Civic is extremely susceptible to heat-soak, especially when retaining the factory intercooler. Excessive heat-soak increases the risk of detonation and causes major power-loss due to high charge air and cylinder temperatures. These issues become even more prevalent with spirited driving and/or increased power outputs.
The PRL Motorsports intercooler upgrade decreases charge air temperatures while increasing potential airflow with its dense 550+ horsepower rated (though we have pushed 600+) 25.6x4x6.3” bar-and-plate bar-and-plate core and machined billet aluminum end tanks!
This intercooler utilizes factory mounting spots with our embossed end tanks. Kits will come with all hardware needed for a seamless install.
Intercooler Core Information:
- (1) Intercooler Assembly w/ Billet End Tanks
- (2) Air Guides w/ Stainless Hardware
- (2) Billet Aluminum Factory Charge Pipe Adapters
- (1) Cardboard Stencil w/ “PRL” Logo
- (2) PRL Factory Style Replacement O-Rings
- 9 horsepower & 3 ft/lb torque gains by simply bolting on
- 50+ F degree drop in post charge air temperature at peak
- Average of 36 F degree drop in post charge air temperature
- Increased efficiency & consistency in power delivery
- Increased engine safety
If you plan to utilize the provided stencil to represent PRL on your intercooler:
-Clean and make sure your intercooler is dry.
-Place the cardboard stencil onto the front of the intercooler (Make sure the intercooler is not upside down, the PRL logo is on the driver's side end tank).
-It is recommended to tape down the stencil to have a sharp logo and to avoid moving.
-Mask off or cover the end tanks to avoid overspray.
-Apply a high temp engine enamel style spray paint (we recommend Duplicolor DE1635 Ford SemiGloss Black, any color can be used).
-Multiple coats may be needed to have full coverage, this varies per color.
-Allow to dry 30-60 minutes before installing the intercooler.
-If any mistakes are made such as runs/overspray acetone or paint thinner can be used to remove any unwanted paint or to remove the stencil entirely, though this will take some time.
-Keep the stencil handy and in a safe spot without bending if you would like to refresh your intercooler after years of road debris blasting it! (Stop blowing holes in my ship!)